My photo
Atlanta, GA, United States
Hey there!, welcome to my blog and thanks for reading my random rambles. I'm a professional makeup artist in all areas of Beauty, Fashion, Film/Television and Bridal. I'm known for my professionalism, personality and something random in my hair. I grew up in the caribbean in Antigua such a beautiful place. Glitter queen, cake lover and shoe addict. My posts will give you some more insight into the creative quirky mind that I have.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Product Review: Gel Polish


So a couple months ago I had my first Gel Manicure for my PR's bday in a colour of her choice... blue ^.^

I love polishing my nails BUT it never lasts more than ONE day...srsly..O.N.E. day and I couldn't get into the acrylics again :/ I keep my nails short and that made no sense to me plus getting makeup under there is just eeeekkk!!!
... so I just keep my nails natural and buffed to a shine and that's it!

ENTER THE GEL!!!! *dumm dee dummmmmmmmm!*

The brand used was Gelish and the colour payoff was amazing, the gel manicure took about 10-15 minutes including a basic manicure first ( soak, treat cuticles etc ) and the polish is dry.. COMPLETELY DRY..not "okay your dry...get to car...SHIT!"

What I also loved was the finish that it has, its super shiny and looks finished the way a great acrylic mani looks.
Gelish brand Gel Manicure
I kept the mani on for about 3 weeks with no chipping but you do get that space at the bottom as your nail grows out. 

To remove a Gel manicure you will have to soak it off in acetone.
I just peeled them off and decorated hubby with them ^.^
Hubby is an Avatar!

BRAND COMPARISON!
OPI: Azzium Gel Polish

I did a second Gel Mani in NYC but this time it was with the OPI's Brand of Gel Polish: Axxium
with glitter which was pretty!  SPARKLEEEEEE!!!! 



Out of the two brands Gelish gets my vote!. I found it was way more durable and lasted approximately 6 days longer!! 

So how much does a Gel Mani rate on the Sajie scale?....




Saj Mack is a Professional Makeup Artist in Atlanta Georgia providing over 6 years experience in Beauty, Commercial, Film, Television, Special FX and more. See her work at www.makeupbysaj.com

No comments:

Post a Comment