My photo
Atlanta, GA, United States
Hey there!, welcome to my blog and thanks for reading my random rambles. I'm a professional makeup artist in all areas of Beauty, Fashion, Film/Television and Bridal. I'm known for my professionalism, personality and something random in my hair. I grew up in the caribbean in Antigua such a beautiful place. Glitter queen, cake lover and shoe addict. My posts will give you some more insight into the creative quirky mind that I have.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

World Natural Hair Show 2012


Over the weekend I worked with client Strawllers getting their demo and promotional models ready for the World Natural Hair Show presented by Taliah Waajid,

The event was super packed with afros and twist outs galore, also a few "textured" wigs to blend in with the crowd, I don't blame them, the new species of Natural Hair women are a proud intimidating bunch! Which is fantastic! It's about time!

I unfortunately did not see most of the event but I did get to do a quick circle on the last day to look at a few booths and presenters. I picked up a few sample products from different curl care companies to try out in my hair before committing to a purchase. My hair is very picky as to which products it will "Allow" to do their job smh.

Check out the pics below that I managed to snap.







This company had beautiful ad images!

Buffing the twist/curls into the hair with the magic NuDred tool

It looks like a foam shoe shine brush with holes where you put the cream product and buff the hair making the twists at the ends. pretty cool!
haul!


Did you go? I'd love to know how you enjoyed it and who was your fave booth?
Saj Mack is a Professional Makeup Artist in Atlanta Georgia providing over 6 years experience in Beauty, Commercial, Film, Television, Special FX and more. See her work at www.makeupbysaj.com

No comments:

Post a Comment