My photo
Atlanta, GA, United States
Hey there!, welcome to my blog and thanks for reading my random rambles. I'm a professional makeup artist in all areas of Beauty, Fashion, Film/Television and Bridal. I'm known for my professionalism, personality and something random in my hair. I grew up in the caribbean in Antigua such a beautiful place. Glitter queen, cake lover and shoe addict. My posts will give you some more insight into the creative quirky mind that I have.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Product Review: Top Three Drugstore Mascaras

It's the battle of the Volume!...NO! The Battle of Length!.......no? ..Okay just a mascara comparison then :)

Here are the Top Three Drugstore Mascaras that have a rightful place in Sajville!
________________________________________________

Mascara by Maybelline at ShopStyle
>

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara
One of the industry's faves! The Blackest Black is truly the blackest mascara out there! Perfect for use with falsies and it will blend your lashes into the false lash seamlessly!

That's What she said!What they say: 
"AMERICA'S FAVORITE MASCARA 
BIGGER BRUSH, BIGGER LASHES 
CONDITIONS AS IT THICKENS "
Lashes were not combed after mascara application to show true results right out of the tube
2 Coats Applied

Personally I love it! I really do, its a staple in my kit, both personal and professional. So whats the rating you ask?
5 Sajies for Great Lash


________________________________________________

Mascara by Maybelline at ShopStyle
>
Maybelline Lash Stiletto
This seems to have a similar formula to Great Lash but with a skinnier brush judging from the application on my lashes, I can tell that it does lengthen short lashes nicely. It does make lashes a bit spiky/spidery which is fine if you like that look. 

What They Say:
"DOES FOR LASHES WHAT STILETTOS DO FOR LEGS 
STRETCHES LASHES for provocative length 
70% LONGER LASHES, shiny patent finish"      
Lashes were not combed after mascara application to show true results right out of the tube
2 Coats Applied
My view? I like it for the patent shine but I won't be giving up Great Lash for it.

Application Tip:

-As I mentioned this gets lashes really spiky, to create a fuller lash look, use your brow BRUSH and brush the lashes in the same motions used to apply the mascara.



Lash Stilettos spot on the Sajie scale?
4 Sajies for Lash Stiletto
________________________________________________

Mascara by L'Oreal at ShopStyle
>
Loreal Voluminous Mascara
This mascara is popping up in pro kits everywhere, I've honestly never tried it before this review and lets just say...It will be popping up in my kit! I absolutely love love love this mascara length AND volume with a perfect "mid" sized brush..not to big not to small, and the result is just gorgeous lashes.

What They Say:
"Voluminous Original Volume Building Mascara is uniquely formulated to build lashes to 5x their natural thickness, for a full and dramatic lash look. The Volume Maximizing Brush thickens lashes evenly and smoothly leaving them soft with virtually no flakes, smudges or clumps."

Lashes were not combed after mascara application to show true results right out of the tube
2 Coats Applied
I will honestly say...I think I prefer this to Great Lash! :O GASP!
and the people of Sajville say....
5 Sajies for Loreal Voluminous

*All "What They Say" quotes are taken from the respective products websites*











Saj Mack is a Professional Makeup Artist in Atlanta Georgia providing over 6 years experience in Beauty, Commercial, Film, Television, Special FX and more. See her work at www.makeupbysaj.com

No comments:

Post a Comment